Sanding & Finishing
The sanding & finishing process has improved over the years reducing dust in your homes. This process is now 95% dust free. Thus making the sanding hardwood floors process a lot easier on homeowners. We get a lot of questions about this process.
- Can my engineered floors be refinished? Yes, but this depends on the wear layer and the condition of the floors. An estimator can look at the floors for a better answer.
- How long will this process take? Depending on the size of the job, several days for drying times of the polyurethane. The floors need to cure 48 hours after the final coat before placing any furniture back on them.
- What are my color & finish options? This answer is pretty much endless. We typically use Bona Dri-Fast stain or DuraSeal stain. We work with many types of finishes as well. Rubio Monocoat, Bona Finishes, Loba Wakol, Tung Oil, Water-base, Oil base, and on.
- Please feel free to call us with any questions we have not answered!
There are several types of sanding & finishing:
- Resand and existing hardwood
- Sand new hardwood
- Buff & coat
- Rubio Monocoat
Sample schedule for refinishing & staining 600 ft/2 with water-semi gloss:
- Day 1 – Sand & stain
- Day 2- Seal
- Day 3- 1st coat of polyurethane
- Day 4- 2nd coat of polyurethane and install new shoemold
Sample schedule for Rubio Monocoat 600 ft/2:
- Day 1- Sand
- Day 2- Stain